Articles on this Page
- 09/10/15--06:20: _Multi AD Forrest co...
- 09/10/15--08:17: _CMC olap connection...
- 09/10/15--09:48: _Crystal Reports for...
- 09/10/15--10:35: _Biplatform webservi...
- 09/10/15--09:38: _Custom Java Event
- 09/10/15--14:51: _SAP BOXI 3.1 BW rep...
- 09/11/15--00:19: _Delete user Inbox O...
- 09/11/15--05:38: _Adaptive Processing...
- 09/11/15--06:02: _How to retrive Sql ...
- 09/11/15--06:50: _Error in AdaptiveJo...
- 09/11/15--07:46: _4.1 Multitenant env...
- 09/11/15--08:40: _Error while loading...
- 09/13/15--04:29: _How to Configure MS...
- 09/13/15--07:42: _I want to continue ...
- 09/13/15--14:16: _OpenDocument and Ch...
- 09/13/15--22:44: _BiPlatform Webservi...
- 09/14/15--01:29: _SAP BO Audit config...
- 09/14/15--06:33: _IDT Rel Conn why no...
- 09/14/15--08:09: _Promotion Managemen...
- 09/14/15--12:42: _BI BOE XI R3.1 Serv...
- 09/10/15--06:20: Multi AD Forrest configuration in SAP BO 4.1
- 09/10/15--08:17: CMC olap connection with SAP BO 4.x Prompt authentication
- 09/10/15--09:48: Crystal Reports for Enterprise: BEx Queries Do Not Show
- 09/10/15--10:35: Biplatform webservice .net sdk
- 09/10/15--09:38: Custom Java Event
- 09/10/15--14:51: SAP BOXI 3.1 BW reports migration
- 09/11/15--00:19: Delete user Inbox Object from Business Objects Enterprise 4.0
- 09/11/15--05:38: Adaptive Processing Servers Log issue
- 09/11/15--06:02: How to retrive Sql Of Webi reports In One go
- 09/11/15--06:50: Error in AdaptiveJobServer log
- 09/11/15--07:46: 4.1 Multitenant env. publication recipients visibility
- 09/11/15--08:40: Error while loading to Cube '*00' cannot be interpreted as a number
- 09/13/15--04:29: How to Configure MS ODBC Drivers in Linux Server
- 09/13/15--07:42: I want to continue my carrier in SAP BI
- 09/13/15--14:16: OpenDocument and Chrome 45
- 09/13/15--22:44: BiPlatform Webservice .Net SDK
- 09/14/15--01:29: SAP BO Audit configuration for Oracle DB
- 09/14/15--06:33: IDT Rel Conn why no create HANA database connection
- 09/14/15--08:09: Promotion Management -> Tiered Groups
We are facing issue where we have configured multiple AD Forrest in our application.
Our base domain i.e. local domain group is working without issue where as second domain network group is getting corrupted every 30 min.
Error Prompted: Invalid group name, cannot find group
If we remap the group, it is working for another 30 min. Did anyone faced this issue in their system?
Appreciate any help,thanks in Advance.
Hi Fellow SAP BI Colleagues:
I am running into a strange issue where I cannot see any BEx queries --- specifically I cannot see the configured OLAP connection --- using Crystal Reports for Enterprise, even though I have no problem seeing the same OLAP connection using SAP BusinessObjects Analysis for OLAP.
My initial hunch was that the BEx queries were not configured to allow External Access, but they are, and further, another user has no problem seeing the connection and BEx queries using Crystal Reports for Enterprise. She further has successfully tried on my workstation and I have confirmed the issue using my account on her workstation. Further, using BEx Analyzer, I have no problem accessing and running those queries.
We are running BW 7.3 and SAP BI 4.1 SP2.
Any thoughts as to what we are missing?
Thanks in advance for your response!
Have used path query,
Followed all the steps but yet dnt get infoobjects
InfoObjects.infoobject is null
But can see the required result in
Kindly reply asap.
We are trying to create a Java event that runs after a report is scheduled (or published).
I'm basing a few assumptions from articles, so I would like some feedback on the feasibility of the approach. I can create a Program File like discussed here:
I can create a custom Event based on a Program File, like discussed here:
I'm assuming that the program file will receive the DocID as a parameter, based on the example of IProgramBaseEx here:
So, user creates a webi document of reports, schedules the document to run nightly, adds the custom event, and in the java code, we get access to the docID for processing. Is this possible?
This is BO 4.1 sp6.
I have migrated SAP BW reports,universe , connections from BOXI 3.1 SP7 to BI 4.1 SP4 after the migration none of the reports and connections are working and it failed with below error message
dbd: Unable to connect to SAP BW server 00024rabax during sapgui logon€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
Followed these below steps
1) Updated sapcrypto.dll file on server and client machine
2) updated librfc.dll
3) installed SAP gui on the client and tested
4) created OLAP connection and tested with SSO it works fine
anyone faced similar issue?
I have tried many ways to understand the concept of implementing JAVA SDK Code for one of my requirement.
The requirement is to Delete the instances from user Inboxes , for this task SAP has provided the sample code in the link below ( Delete Inbox Object from Business Objects Enterprise ). I have downloaded the Java files.
But here the question is where to add these files and how to run these to make it work in server.
Please guide me steps to implement this logic. My requirement is Limiting to 50 instances for each user Inbox or 30 days instances for each Inbox.
We are running BO 4.1 SP 5 Patch 3 in our Solaris server. Though the APS service is up and running , I am able to see the below error logs in the server.
Error: Failure in system landscape initialization: No connection with name "SAP_BW" found
Error: unable to access CoreServices MBean.Continuing with next managed entity
Error: javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException: Exception occurred trying to invoke the getter on the MBean
We have tried the below workaround so far without any success
1. Increased the max java heap size to 8GB and restarted the APS service.
2. Adopted Best Practices: Splitting the APS into multiple services, using the below video as reference.
3. Deleted tomcat work directory and restarted tomcat and APS services using the below article as reference.
1959373 - Error: "Error occurred during retrieval of MBean Details." occurs while opening monitoring in Central Management
4. Added the below line in command line parameters and restarted APS service.
1942899 - Application Service could not be established after the installation of an SDK component in a distributed environment
5. Executed the below steps
- adding the data federation service to the APS hosting the monitoring service
- deleting the data federation service from any other APS
- restarting SIA
Please let us know if there is any other way to resolve this issue.
We have the following environment
5000 Plus reports .
We want to retrieve SQL Of all the webi reports at one go
Do we have an SDK for this or any method through which this can be done
Any suggestions\ views highly appreciated
I am seeing the following error in my adaptivejobserver log file.
[Thr 10512] ***LOG Q0I=> NiPGetHostByName: '$SMDAgentHost' not found: getaddrinfo [ninti.c 897]
[Thr 10512] *** ERROR => Main agent failed to be initilized due to incorrect host setting! [ncsmtdatasen 20]
[Thr 10512] *** ERROR => Main agent failed to be initilized due to incorrect host setting! [ncsmtdatasen 20]
What does this error mean and how can I fix it?
I am running BO 4.1 SP6 on Windows Server 2008 against SAP BW back end.
i have a multi tenant envieroment whith 4 tenant.
If i log to CMC with a user (local administrator) of first tenant i see correctly only users of his group.
If i try to create a pubblication with enterprise recipients, i see all users/groups (also users from other tenants).
What is wrong?
Top level security - "users":
EveryOne -> Advanced (see image1)
Top level securty - "Groups"
Tenant 1 (ALEA) --> View
EveryOne -> Advanced (see image2)
We are trying to load data from HANA DB to BI and our DTP is failing at cube level with the error "' *.00' cannot be interpreted as a number".
I went through similar posts but could not make this work . Below is the screen of the data source. I checked the transformation rule and it does not work for key figures , but not sure what needs to be corrected.
What will I need to correct in order to get the data loaded to the info provider.
Also screen from the proposal fields from HANA
Thanks or any help or information
Installed SAP BI 4.1 SP05 on RHEL 6.5. Installed UnixOdbc and MS SQL ODBC Driver 11 in RHEL 6.5.
Please provide some documents to configure ODBC for External MS SQL Server.
i Have two odbc.ini file one is created with SAP installation Directory <SAP_INSTALL_DIR>enterprise 4.0/odbc.ini.
and another is in /etc/odbc.ini
CMS and Audit Databases are installed in SQL AnyWhere.
I am trying to connect efashion sample database from External MS SQL Server.
I am a B.Tech as well as MBA (Marketing) graduate. I am working as a Presales consultant in one of the Level 5 company in Hyderabad, India.
But I want to learn SAP BI and will continue my carrier with the same.
With the recent update of Chrome to version 45 odd behavior with Business Objects OpenDocument commands are occuring for us. It seems that using Chrome to receive an PDF output from an OpenDocument call does not work. It yields and invalid PDF that is really a html script coming from the server. I understand that Chrome has made some changes to the browser to not allow Adobe PDF viewers to work, but there are other extensions that continue to render PDF's and on the troubled browsers they work fine for all except PDF's generated from an OpenDocument url. Is there anyone who has experienced this issue? Did you resolve it? If so how?
Need your kind help for the below unique issue,
ResponseHolder reportRH = bipService.Get("path://InfoObjects/Root Folder/Risk IT Admin/**/" , null);
InfoObjects infoobjects = reportRH.InfoObjects;
if (infoobjects == null)
String repID = infoobjects.InfoObject.CUID; --> it always fails here, the reason isinfoobjects.InfoObject is always null. where as infoobjects.Any has the required result but that is not what we want to do.
Kindly find the attached screenshot for more details.
Quick response appreciated.
Kindly reply asap as its impacting our delivery.
Can some one help on how to configure for Audit DB connection using Oracle DB.
We are now at BO 4.1 SP5 Patch 3.
for some reason, I cannot create a relational connection in the IDT when I go to
File->New->Relational Connection->SAP->SAP HANA Database 1.0->ODBC Drivers
there is no Data Source Name available for selection, HOWEVER
if I go to
File->New->Relational Connection->Generic->Generic ODBC Datasource->ODBC Drivers
this picks up my 32bit DSN without any problems
what is the difference ?
I have a hierarchy of groups setup i.e.
If I try and promote GROUP A by itself it fails. If I try and promote GROUP A AND GROUP AA, AA1, AA2,AA3. GROUP A fails. It looks like I am unable to promote groups without their children. The children must always be promoted. The type of error i get is follows
Resolution Status=Copied, Dependency Status=Some of the required dependencies are not selected., Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed., Promotion Status=Failure : The property list(s) 'SI_ADM_ADD_SUBUSERGROUPS_TO_USERGROUP, SI_ADM_ADD_SUBUSERGROUPS_TO_USERGROUP, SI_ADM_ADD_SUBUSERGROUPS_TO_USERGROUP' committed on the object named 'Insight' with id number 17378 contained reference(s) to non-existant object(s) with id number(s) 17367, 17368, 17369. The server supplied the following details: Objects being added to relation does not exist
The problem i have is that GROUP AB and AC are part of a different project and we dont want to migrate those groups yet.
PS: I would have though the dependency would be the parent needs to be migrated not the children. For example, if i wanted to migrate GROUP AC3 I should migrate GROUP AC and GROUP A!
BI BOE XI R3.1 Server Administration (Unix): execute bobje utilities ccm.sh/serverconfig.sh without password/credentials
Is there any supported option to execute ccm.sh/serverconfig.sh utilities without CMS password/credentials?
Thanks in advance.