Articles on this Page
- 07/20/15--21:38: _BI vs HI
- 07/21/15--01:09: _Sybase IQ driver an...
- 07/21/15--03:15: _Licensing Question..
- 07/21/15--03:35: _Export Query Builde...
- 07/20/15--23:48: _SAP BOXI to BOE 4....
- 07/21/15--07:00: _User Groups assigne...
- 07/21/15--14:24: _Expand existing clu...
- 07/21/15--15:47: _Upgrade Management ...
- 07/22/15--00:28: _Is Crystal Enterpri...
- 07/22/15--04:26: _CMC search engine v...
- 07/22/15--10:26: _Query Result - CMS ...
- 07/22/15--10:38: _SSL login error
- 07/22/15--13:22: _Internal Job Server...
- 07/22/15--15:16: _How to do silent in...
- 07/22/15--21:02: _using C# to update ...
- 07/22/15--22:04: _Can we remove docum...
- 07/23/15--00:53: _Database error: [Da...
- 07/23/15--01:56: _Multiple query filt...
- 07/23/15--05:46: _Avoid sending empty...
- 07/23/15--06:40: _Download Links for ...
- 07/20/15--21:38: BI vs HI
- 07/21/15--01:09: Sybase IQ driver and Linux BI platform
- 07/21/15--03:15: Licensing Question..
- 07/21/15--03:35: Export Query Builder output in Excel format
- 07/20/15--23:48: SAP BOXI to BOE 4.1 EPIC /Hyperspace CRYSTAL REPORT INTEGRATOR
- 07/21/15--07:00: User Groups assigned for Public folders
- 07/21/15--14:24: Expand existing cluster when patched above SP in BI 4.1
- 07/21/15--15:47: Upgrade Management Tool (in action)
- 07/22/15--04:26: CMC search engine vs. Platform Search (Launchpad) search engine
- 07/22/15--10:26: Query Result - CMS - All users in specific groups.
- 07/22/15--10:38: SSL login error
- 07/22/15--13:22: Internal Job Server error in Event Viewer BOXI R2
- 07/22/15--15:16: How to do silent install on Windows
- 07/22/15--21:02: using C# to update all reports connection on BOBI 4.1 platform
- 07/22/15--22:04: Can we remove document tab in BI Luanchpad
- 07/23/15--05:46: Avoid sending empty reports
- 07/23/15--06:40: Download Links for SBOP INTGR. FOR SAP XI 3.1 ?
Am new to this BI. Though had used BO for a short time.
Last day i was able to see some BI reports in some modules created as part of the project in our organisation.
I have some basic doubts as follows.
1.Where does the "Intelligence" Part comes into play in the term BI
2. what are the advantages of this compared to ordianry reports?
3. how does BI amd BO differs?
4. do BI and BO reports use the ECC tables as data source?
5. How the "complex" queries for BI reports are created?
I was always getting the cliched answers like its used when reports been generated for huge aggregated data, reports that higher ups of managemnt can generate easily, Data resides in a differenet server and can be retrieved without having the complexties of tables in ECC and relations and all.
Some body even told be it gives some flexibility like Pivot table in excel
Though i was looking for a technically precise answer i was not able to get any convincing answer.
My idea/rather misconcept was this.
1.BI reports are flexible reports which enable user to change the view of data ie layout and have different columns as he wish.. like dynamic run time reports in which columns be based on user selection.
2.Graphical representation based on this data is easy to generate and data can be represented in various formats
Recently i was able to see a BI report and see its corresponding graphical out put in different fornmats such as bar chart/ pie chart..
But the fact was that when there were too many data items the graphs made hard to understand though legends were there.
So it was forcing me more to have a sort of human Intelligence than the Buisness Intelligence.
look forward to expert opinion.
I'm having the following error message while i'm trying to refresh the reports which extracts data from Sybase IQ:
DBDriver failed to load : /opt/SAPBI/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/dataAccess/connectionServer/drivers/lib64/libdbd_iqdbodbc16.so (libdbodbc16.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory).
What I've done so far:
- installed IQ client tool Sybase IQ 16.0 Network Client Linux x86-64 with default configuration
-created odbc entry which point to my IQ driver.
Why does it still use opt/SAPBI/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/dataAccess/connectionServer/drivers/lib64/libdbd_iqdbodbc16.so if i've installed it in /opt/SYBASEIQ/....
here is extract from IQ:
Most likely i have to modify and change smth, but what? I'm not really Linux admin guy, so do not have any experience in that type of configs
our BOXIR 3 test platform only has two named user license. Does the Guest and Administrator account consume both of these licenses? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but just want to confirm my understanding is correct.
Is there a way to Export Query Builder output in Excel format?
Version: XI 3.1 SP3.
Hi Experts ,
Need help how to migrate crystal reports from BOXi3.1 to 4.1 and need idea on EPIC/Hyperspace Crystal Report Integrator
I am trying to build a report where-in the user groups assigned to each folder would be displayed.
I know we can use relationship query and view the access levels in CMC. But I have around 65000 reports for many folders and sub folders. Can anyone help me with a JAVA code which would help extract this information.
Have an existing BI 4.1 cluster that we need to add new servers to. Existing servers are Win08R2, and are running BI 4.1 SP5 patch 6.
New servers will be Win12R2. Anyone know if it's supported to "Add" the server to the existing cluster from SP5 full build and then patch it to P6? Or do I need to 'Roll back' to SP6 (yes, I said roll back, because some SP5P6 patches are NOT in SP6) to add servers?
Would have to assume that the mixed OS environment should not pose a significant issue.
I was wondering if there is any tutorial/video that exists that shows how to perform the following actions:
1- Packaging only the user/ groups and security/access levels from XI 3.1 environment to XI 4.1 environment using UMT
2- Packaging all other content (connection/reports/universes etc) from XI 3.1 environment to XI 4.1 environment using UMT
The intent is that I want to understand how this process is done performing the 'incremental upgrade' via UMT; first user,groups and security levels are upgraded and then the content because I believe that's the only way to migrate and retain security and access levels
Please let me know if there is a good document with screenshots or any tutorials that exist that can help with the migration process.
Can anyone tell me if the Crystal Enterprise Java SDK code compatible with Crystal Server 2013?
With the following details :
We know that the Platform Search described in chapter 22 in the admin guide is responsible for the search queries requested by the launchpad user.
Attached screenshot show what I mean with search engine. Since we had problems with it we know that the CMC has its own search engine.
Q1: Is your assumption correct that the CMC has its own search engine?
Q2: How can this search engine be influenced / configured?
I have All of the Department Developer
Groups listed under one "Developers_Group"
I am trying to create a list of all users in each
developer Group. I am running the following query, and it lists all users that
are in each developer group, but i I also want to see which group each user is
in. I run the following query, but it only shows the name, fullname, but not the
user group i.e (finance, sales etc).
select * from ci_systemobjects
where children("si_name = 'usergroup-user'", "si_name like
Recently, we are getting an error message when we are trying to access BusinessObject Launch Pad through Firefox.
The error message is like the following:
Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to loki.aps.anl.gov:8443. SSL received a weak ephemeral Diffie-Hellman key in Server Key Exchange handshake message. (Error code: ssl_error_weak_server_ephemeral_dh_key)
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
Our installation is BIP4.1 sp5 on Linux. We are using the default built in web server Tomcat. Our Firefox version is 38.1.0.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Thanks for your help!
I need help in understanding the error i keep getting my BOXI r2 server's event viewer.
This error is triggered every few minutes. We use crystal XI as our main reporting tool and we dont use any universe or webi. Our database is SQL 2008 and is on different system. Our BO sever is Sql 2003. I am new to Admin role.
Details of error in event viewer are below...
Event Type: Error
Event Source: BusinessObjects_jobserver
Event Category: Scheduling
Event ID: 45385
Time: 11:34:59 AM
Internal Job Server error.
2. Apart from above error i keep getting this warning in event viewer.
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: BusinessObjects_w3wp
Event Category: Transport
Event ID: 34700
Time: 12:36:34 PM
Transport error: Invalid object reference.
Logging in BO is enabled and I am attaching log files. Please help.
Need help on 2 things
1. My exe file and all the files related to the installation are on Ongole1234 VM. I have to perform the installation on Ongole12.
Please some one help me out how to do the silent install for 4.1 Sp6
2. While i'm performing install, when i choose the below step i'm able to install or choose only SQL but the oracle which we have
Need some help to fix any of these
Whenever we setup the testing environment for a upgrade, it is a nightmare for us to update the database connection in every single report and the dynamic filters.... we have more than 300 reports.
I believe I am not the only one who have this issue, I wonder if there is any way to update the database connection using the SDK. Could you share on how to achieve this?
I have created BI workspace and attached BO reports to it. but when login we get document tab with Home tab.
Can we remove Document Tab?
Can we rename Home tab?
Can we attach workspace directly instead of inside the Home tab?
Kindly refer attached screen shot.
Kashif Ali Khan
We are experiencing intermittent connectivity issue in BI 4.0 SP07 on linux platform.
BI Version: BI4.0 SP07 (4 Node Clustered Env )
Error: Database error: [DataDirect][ODBC lib] System information file not found. Please check the ODBCINI environment variable.. (IES 10901).
Schedules are failing intermittently with above error message. Any help is appreciated.
Hi every one,
Our systems are migrated to 4.1.
We are in process of migrating universe and reports to 4.1 now. we have converted the universe and it showed no errors but observed that the @prompt syntax has been removed/changed completely. We have manually added the old logic in IDT and saved the universe back.
When we try to convert the report we are getting the Mutiple query prompts error, that to only with this field with @prompt function and when used with other date fields.
I am trying to convert a webi report by 'Change Source' Option in launchpad. I am getting the error 'Multiple query filters contain a prompt with the same text, but the prompts use a different operand type or operator count of values. (Error: WIS 00015)' with the below Date Prompt Field.
As Of Date: CASE WHEN to_char(@Prompt('Enter As of Date in MM/DD/YYYY:','D','Tax\As Of Date',mono,,,user:2),'mm/dd/yyyy')='01/01/1900' THEN (trunc(sysdate,'mm')-1)
ELSE @Prompt('Enter As of Date in MM/DD/YYYY:','D','Tax\As Of Date',mono,,,user:2)
When Trying to change the source with only above field the report is working, but when trying to add any other date fields to it while or after converting the report is giving the error.
Please advice is this a issue in 4.1 while converting the @prompt fields.
Thanks and Regards
Hi to all! In Netweavers BexBroadcasting tool, we had the option to avoid sending an empty report, by setting an alert level in a query, which was used in turn as a condition by the Broadcaster before sending an email attachment. Now we are trying to find the same concept with BO 4.1. Lets say a webi document is scheduled to send an email every Monday. But if the query returns no data, the email should nt be sent. Do you have any idea / suggestions to achieve that in BO 4.1 ? Thanks Thierry
plaese .. someone ..